Sunday, April 1, 2012

(Round 2) Day 26 - April 1, 2012

(I know I got THIS date right!
Itching still driving me nuts, but it's definitely better than before.  The steroid ointment really helps the scabs soften up and I've been able to get quite a bit off.   This time, there's not the raw skin underneath like my face because I waited a few days before using the steroid, so not as much pain as before!  There's still a few isolated spots that showed after the first couple weeks and I'm going to continue treating them just to get them killed.  Still.....I see other little spots on my chest still appearing and it is KILLING me not to treat them and kill them.  I'm meeting the dermatologist again this week and will ask what she thinks about continuing with spot treatment event though it's getting hot outside now.

Had my first FULL shower 2 or 3 nights ago and OMI that was the best thing in the WHOLE WORLD!!!  I've been taking "navy" showers since surgery to keep dressings dry.  Though I've been getting everywhere, there's just something SO much better about showering all at one time and rinsing all at one time :)  They're very short, so dressings don't get waterlogged, but practically feels decadent!

Surgeries are almost a week old now and I'm VERY diligent about icing multiple times a day.  Nobody said to, but I figure that's what I'd do for almost any other injury, so why not there too?  Plus I guess it makes me feel a little less passive.  Ready for some working out.....not really, but not working out just makes me fatter and I spend more money!!

1 comment: