Sunday, April 1, 2012

(Round 2) Day 24 -March 30, 2012

Recuperating from the 3 surgeries fine.  Just wish things wouldn't take so long!  Stopped the Efudex on my chest before surgery and figured 20 days was enough, which means the itching is INSANE this week!!  Trying to keep my chest covered (just for no questions or stares), but clothing is driving me CRAZY!  Started putting on the steroid ointment, which helps some of the itching, but it also quickly softens some of the scabs and I think that's its real effect.  Since it's so gooey, gotta be real careful about washable clothing :)

I'm not positive about actual days since surgery date, but if I'm off, it's only by a day or so.  I got through the week just fine, but definitely a little preoccupied and not necessarily with the blog unfortunately.

The hardest part about stopping the Efudex is that as it hits my system, I see all these other little spots showing up and I SOOO want to kill 'em!!!  But it's time to stop now.  Getting hot outside for starters and on my ride last wknd, it got warm and I got pretty nauseous, which isn't normal for me, so I figure it was the Efudex in my system....and they say, it must be done in the winter after all.  So.....I'll plan to see what I can tackle in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment