Friday, March 23, 2012

(Round 2) Day 17 - March 23, 2012

The itching is driving me crazy now.  I'm waking at night scratching and of course seeing little blood in the morning and trying to sleep on my side kinda smooshes my chest just enough that it hurts.  Trying to sleep on my back, but YUCK!  My buddy Mary said she stayed sleeping on her back after surgery and I can try it, but am also having a surgery on my lower back, so this will be interesting.  Starting mid-day yesterday, it's hurting to have clothing around the chest (no option of course!)    Put a tshirt on after my workout last night and it hurt enough that I took it off before I got home...and then I was wet AND cold :)  Trying an open-collar today, but also trying to camo the chest with a scarf and just moving it when it becomes too much.

Last bike ride this weekend and then time to get ready for surgeries Monday!  I've got my "magic" steroid ointment ready to go for when I get home.  When I did that on my face, that's when the sloughing started as it softened all the scabs, so plan is to be in the most pain next week all at once.....healing from surgery and raw skin.  I'd rather get it done all at once, so I can get started on the healing ASAP!

2 comments:

  1. Pam,
    Hope you can get some relief and some rest. I hated that phase!!!! What did the doctor say when you sent the info to him, you never said. Hang in there!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,

    I wish you well in the surgeries and path back to the bike. As a fellow randonneur and Efudex user, I empathize.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete