Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 2012 - Back to work!

My Dad's right....getting older ain't for the poor or the weak!  Time to get back on the skin care and bottom line is it feels like I've got crap everywhere.  Face still gets great reports and now time to address spots here & there elsewhere.

Went to have a few spots looked at and biopsies show malignant BCC's and pre-cancers too.  Funny thing is almost every spot, I had to point out and question after the doctor passed over it....all but one.  So, pay attention to yourself!  Bottom line is this as of March 6, 2012:

- Going to treat 7 pre-cancers with Efudex (same chemo I did on my face).  Spots are on chest, shoulder, hands, wrist, upper thigh and back

- 2 Chest biopsies 2 wks ago show malignant BCC's and due to the location, I have a meeting March 13th with a plastic surgeon due to the surgeries needed.

- A biopsy on my lower back came back malignant BCC and doctor thinks she can excise it in the office.  That procedure is scheduled March 23rd and a big wake-up call.  I asked her to look at this spot 1.5yrs ago and again last week and both times she felt it was not a concern.  Last week she agreed to biopsy just so I could have a clean slate and it was malignant.  Gotta remember, doctors are human and you really need to drive your own destiny when it's your body.  Doctors aren't perfect and we shouldn't expect them to be.

So, I start Efudex tonight for 3weeks on the spots and now have an eagle eye for anything pink and/or rough that wasn't that way yesterday!  The spot on my upper thigh I actually argued a bit telling the doctor it was just a bruise that popped up a couple days ago.....not a bruise!   All the spots are pretty small and I have high hopes Efudex will take care of the pre-cancers. 

I'm also experimenting with self-tanners again....brown fat's better than white fat, right!  So far, the one I'm liking the best is: http://www.clarinsusa.com/Delicious-Self-Tanning-Cream/C040101004,en_US,pd.html&cgid=430&start=5     
It still smells, but not as bad as some and I noticed a difference in just a couple days.  Plus, since it is already a caramel-color, it's easier to see where it winds up.  Doesn't last long, but I'm going to try and be good!!!  My bicycle riding keeps me in the sun days at a time, so it's always a struggle, but I'll keep at it!

Will try and post some pix as some of the pre-cancers start changing with the Efudex



No comments:

Post a Comment