Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 36-43 December 1-8, 2010

Every day I notice new improvement.  Down to just a couple sores to heal this past week.  The last scab came off my cheek Sunday (Day 40) leaving a little divet.  I've read of some scarring and just hope that's not the case with me.  Still covering my face with Aquaphor at night, but now putting on a moisturizer during the day.  I have years of habits to overcome, namely putting sunscreen on regardless.  I've gotten used to my makeup & moisturizer having SPF, but when you don't put it on (which I haven't for weeks), I need to grab sunscreen!

Day 42
For the first time, I didn't wear medicine today, but wore a tinted moisturizer instead - yippeeeee!!!  Tonight I noticed 2 new spots though and I'm going to treat them as acne for now.  Dr. did caution me the steroid creams (which hydrocortisone is) can lead to acne, but worse still...glaucoma.  I only used the HC cream twice heeding her cautions.




Day 40
Could've really screwed this up and looks like I'm lucking out with just a warning instead.  Leaving the house before dawn in the cold didn't make me think of sunscreen, but a couple hours of in/out at the White Rock Marathon did!  When I finally realized it, I had another panic attack.  Fears of scarring because my color still hasn't stabilized and the wind/sun scared me death when I finally "woke up."  Pharmacist said put on hydrocortisone cream (told him I had some prescription 2.5%), wait 30 minutes, then follow with Aquaphor.  Interesting, I told him I had the triamcinolone steroid and the mupiricin ointment, but he said plain ol' HC cream.  I did it and 2hrs later the decrease in redness was astounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment