Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 21 - November 15, 2010

I'm crossing my fingers that tonight is my last treatment!  Dr. appt first thing in the morning.  Swollen enough now that talking is done very carefully and my face's idea of a "smile" looks lame indeed, so I just feel like a frozen expression like below.  My biggest fear is that the sores that have shown up in the past few days will lead her to telling me to do more treatments.  Absolutely the last thing I want to do.  As it is, I've been doing a countdown each time to get me through the most recent cleansings and reapplication.  Not sorry I did it and if I need to do more to kill these little #!$%^@, I absolutely will.  Just hoping I don't have to.

Yesterday I was at the FW Marathon all day and buddies (& strangers) were great.  Nothing but good wishes and no wierdness.  One little boy asked about my face and it actually made me feel better to tell him I had medicine on my face.  He looked at me and asked if it hurt, I said yes, then he said, I hope you feel better soon and we all went back to serving hot dogs!  Kids really are something.  Still, it was awkward not being able to smile or talk very well.  C'mon Tuesday! Tuesday Tuesday!

Today, face was just way too sensitive and sore to put any make-up on, so I get to go to work in all my "naked glory."  Folks here are trying to act like nothing's different, but I know it's hard to treat me "normal," but an A+ for them trying :)



No comments:

Post a Comment