Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 12-13, November 6-7, 2010

I was scared to death this morning!  The thought of a 200k today and the fear of my face hurting for 9 hrs instead of just 15-20 minutes had me in a panic this morning.  Sunscreen burned and that set me off.  I cried off/on all morning and at the ride start.  Just completely terrified.  Took my own car in case I had to turn around.  Ride buddies were greatness of course!  Rani's boss did this, so she was reassuring and just having friends notice and acknowledge instead of all the ignoring it, was actually pretty comforting.  Thank goodness it was a chilly start.  Started about 40degrees today and I think the high was about 70 and the cold that I feared would be like little ice picks on my face was the opposite.  Felt good!  Even when sweating, the chilly air kept me from getting too hot.  I kept shucking clothes to make sure I didn't get too hot and it was a lifesaver.  Had some chilly moments, but 100x better than feeling like acid on my face.  Whew!

Learned when I reapply sunscreen though....I wasn't thinking and just started applying - OUCHHHHHH!!!!!  well of course, I realized in a minute or so, I was just rubbing that salt and grit around - what an idiot!

On Sunday, I was pretty tender-faced, so opted for a movie instead of a short ride.  Sun in the car windows felt overly hot, but tonight I DID see that I'm getting some flakes while washing my face.  I'm seeing that as progress!!  My understanding is the dead cells will flake off as they're killed leaving the good skin underneath.  I think that's another reason things are so tender?  Maybe there's some new skin coming out!!!! 

But, oh, the ITCHING DRIVES ME CRAZY AT NIGHT!!!!!!  It itches during the day too, but I guess there's other distractions, but trying to go to sleep is <bleep> <bleep> <bleep>!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment